Our last lodge membership meeting of 2021 is on Wednesday October 27 at the VFW in New Cumberland.
Meeting Agenda for October 27th, 2021
Central PA Lodge #2651
Order Sons and Daughters of Italy in America
- 6 PM – Social Hour
- 7 PM – Call Meeting to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Guest Speakers – Andrea Chronister and Associate. Preparing for a long life in retirement. Planning, Challenges, and Issues for consideration.
- Membership Report/New Members Introduction/ Membership Renewal
- Treasurers Report
- Fundraising: Recap of Pumpkinfest Successes, Boscov’s 25% Discount cards, Giant Gift Cards.
- Columbus Day Observations, Review – “True History of Columbus” presentations by George Lapore and Joan Rottmann to St. Theresa’s Parochial School classes.
- Lodge participation in Proclamation of October as “Italian Heritage Month” by Pennsylvania Legislature. Upcoming presentation to Knights of Columbus on November 9th, entitled, “Christopher Columbus – Hero, Devout Catholic – How Columbus’ Faith influenced the New World”.
- Columbus Day Dinner and Bocce Banquet at Marcello’s Restaurant. Lodge members celebrated the successes of the lawsuit in Philadelphia and our local activities, such as those mentioned above and mailings of “Why Columbus Matters” brochures to local legislators.
- Trophies presentation to the Colpi di Whiskey Bocce team for their 2021 league championship. Christmas Party – Wednesday, December 15 at New Cumberland VFW. “Person of the Year” award presentation. Look for announcement on details of the party in early November.
- Good of the Order