Central Pennsylvania Lodge #2651
Special COVID-19 Meeting
via Zoom Video Conferencing
Wednesday, August 26, 2020
(No meeting held in July)
Announcements by President George Lapore.
- Congratulations to Harvey Bilger’s skilled bocce team, Mezza Luna. They took first place for the 2020 bocce season.
- The VFW is currently permitting groups of 25 and George is hoping we can have the October lodge meeting on-site.
- Children’s bocce is postponed this year.
- A children’s Christmas party is in the works for December, hopefully at the VFW.
Treasurer’s Report. Bernie Costanza reported the following account balances.
- Operating expense account – $18,924.23
- Charity/Education – $1,929.33
- Bocce League – $207.70
- Value of Giant gift cards – $ 1550.00
- $1075 was deposited from the sale of Giant gift cards ($53.75 profit to the lodge), and $0 disbursements.
- Vice President Georgeann Maguire’s article about our first ZOOM meeting was published in the Italian America magazine, summer 2020 edition.
- Italian class will continue via ZOOM beginning the last week of September.
- George hosted an Italian trivia game of fifteen questions. Santo Paese had the most correct answers.
- Jacquie and Peter LaFatta reported that there are only eight (vs. 200) visitors to the War College this year.
- Tammie Ebersole reported that Lou Gallo is home from the hospital.
- Chris Rottman reported that granddaughter Christina Marcellus (2020 scholarship recipient) is attending classes in person at Misericordia University in Dallas, PA.
Chris Rottman motioned to adjourn the meeting. Dave Lucier seconded the motion.
Twenty-five members were present for this evening’s lodge meeting.
Stay tuned for information about our next gathering.
Theresa D. Mingarell, Recording Secretary
“Working together to preserve Our Heritage, Our Traditions and Our Culture.”